George and Ginger
- 2 oz George Gibson Rye Whiskey
- 2 – 3 oz Spice Brown Ginger Ale
- Crushed Ice
- Lime or Lemon Wedge
- Pour the Ginger Ale and the George Gibson Rye Whiskey into a shaker with crushed ice.
- Shake for a 3 to 4 seconds.
- Strain into a glass with ice
- Add Lime wedge and serve
George’s Old Fashioned using Bourbon or Rye
- 1 ½ oz George Gibson Bourbon or Rye
- 3 DASHES Angostura® Bitters
- ¼ oz of simple syrup made from brown sugar
- Fresh cherry with stem for garnish
- In a rocks glass, muddle the brown sugar syrup and bitters.
- Add ice, then pour the bourbon on top.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Garnish with a cherry.
George’s Mint Julep
- 2 oz George Gibson Bourbon
- 6 mint leaves
- 1 mint sprig
- 1 oz simple syrup
- ½ oz club soda
- In a julep cup, or pint glass, muddle the mint leaves with simple syrup and a splash of club soda.
- Add fine crushed ice and pour in the bourbon.
- Stir until frost appears on the outside of the julep cup or pint glass.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture into a highball glass filled with crushed ice.
- Mound a small amount of crushed ice over the top of the glass.
- Add the mint sprig on top for decoration.
- Optionally, lightly sprinkle the top and the mint sprig with powdered sugar to give it a frosted appearance.
George’s Gin and Tonic
- 1 ½ oz George Gibson Gin
- 3 oz Tonic Water – Schweppes or Fever Tree
- Ice (crushed is best in the shaker, cube ice melts slower in the glass)
- Lime Wedge
In a shaker glass, add George Gibson Gin, Tonic, the juice of a lime slice, and the ice.
- shake well (5 to 10 seconds will do.)
- Pour the mixture into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Add a lime wedge to the side of the glass for garnish.
George’s Gin Mojito
- 3 mint springs
- 1 ½ oz George Gibson Gin
- ½ oz simple syrup
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz club soda
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker full of ice. Shake and serve in a high ball glass. Garnish with mint and lime if desired.
George’s Lemonade (Blueberry, Peach or Vodka)
- 1 ½ oz George Gibson Blueberry, Peach or Vodka
- 3 oz Lemonade
- Ice (Crushed works best in the shaker, cube ice melts slower in the glass)
- In a shaker add the George Gibson Blueberry, Peach, or Vodka, lemonade and Ice.
- Shake well (5 to 10 seconds will do.)
- Pour the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- 2 1/2 oz George Gibson Gin
- 1/2 oz dry vermouth
- Garnish: 1 – 3 olives or a lemon twist
- Optional: 1 dash orange or Angostura bitters
- In a mixing glass filled with ice cubes, combine the gin and vermouth, pouring more or less vermouth to your taste.
- Stir for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Add a dash of orange or Angostura bitters, if desired.
- Garnish with olives or a lemon twist.
- One teaspoon sugar
- 3 or 4 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- a few drops water
- 2 ounces George Gibson Rye Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon George Gibson Star Anise Spirit or absinthe
- lemon peel
- Chill an Old Fashioned glass or small tumbler in the freezer.
- In a mixing glass, combine sugar, Peychaud’s Bitters, and a few drops of water. Mix until sugar is dissolved, and add George Gibson Rye Whiskey. Add plenty of ice, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Pour George Gibson Star Anise Spirit into your chilled glass, and rotate glass until the inside is well coated; discard the excess. Strain the liquid from your mixing glass into the serving glass. Twist a piece of lemon peel over the drink..
- 1 shot George Gibson Blueberry Moonshine
- 3 oz Cranberry Juice
- 3 oz Club Soda ( Seltzer water)
Shake and serve
- 2 oz George Gibson Rye Whiskey (or Bourbon)
- 1/2 oz sweet vermouth
- 2-3 DASHES Angostura® Bitters
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Pour the whiskey, sweet vermouth and bitters into a mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir until the mixing glass is very cold to touch.
- Place the ice and maraschino cherry in a rocks glass, then strain the shaker over the fresh ice.
Russian Moon (contributed by the Blue Moon Cafe in Dothan)
- 1/2 shot George Gibson Coffee Moonshine
- 1/2 shot George Gibson Vodka
- 1/2 shot Butterscotch schnapps
- 1/2 shot Bayleys
- 1 oz Half and Half
- combine ingredients into a shaker with ice and mix thoroughly
- strain into a cocktail glass
Valentines Ruby Red
- 2 ounces George Gibson Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Campari
- 3 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces 7-Up
1. Use a Highball glass.
2. Combine the vodka with the Campari and red grapefruit juice into the Highball glass.
3. Stir and garnish whit a couple of red cherries.
If you’re serving for a large number of guests, you can pre-mix a pitcher of this cocktail. Unless you know all your guests prefer a stronger cocktail, start with the above alcohol ratio. When pouring for a guest who likes it stronger, just pour an ounce of vodka into the glass before pouring in the pre-mixed cocktail.
Pomegranate Martini Recipe
- 1 ounce George Gibson vodka or gin
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau or Orange Curacao
- 3 ounces pomegranate juice
- Garnish with a lime wedge or twisted orange peel.
1. Use a chilled martini glass.
2. Combine the gin or vodka with the Cointreau or Orange Curacao in a shaker with crushed ice.
3. Shake and strain into martini glass.
The above version makes a very standard cocktail with the traditional 1.5 ounces of alcohol. To make this drink stronger, you could use 2 ounces of vodka or gin and 2 ounces of pomegranate juice. Experiment with this recipe and and customize it until it is your own – a fabulous drink – as long as you like pomegranate juice.
If you’re serving for a large number of guests, you can pre-mix a pitcher of this cocktail. Unless you know all your guests prefer a stronger cocktail, start with the above alcohol ratio. When pouring for a guest who likes it stronger, just pour an ounce of vodka or gin into the glass before pouring in the pre-mixed cocktail.